Monday, August 22, 2022

St. Mary of Jesus Crucified Novena: Day 6


Sixth Day: Hope


Opening prayer:
Holy Spirit, inspire me;
Love of God, consume me;
On the true path, lead me;
Mary my mother, look upon me;
With Jesus, bless me;
From all evil, from all illusion,
from all danger, preserve me.


Thoughts of Mariam:

Here’s what you made Jesus to say: “Do you believe that if a hen saw its enemy coming, she would not hide her chicks under her wings to defend them?
And do you think Jesus will do less than the hen?  Do you think He can’t hide the little ones under His mantle and protect them from the great?
Then why are you afraid? (“Thoughts”, p. 48)


We pray with Mariam:

My God, no one has ever sinned as I have.  Therefore I rejoice and have much hope because I shall proclaim your great Mercy.
I seldom feel any sense of trust, I have no feeling of Hope.  But I hope against hope.
I always want to hope and abandon myself to God! (“Thoughts”, p. 50)

Saint Mariam please pray for me and for all my intentions. (Mention your requests in silence)

Our Father – Hail Mary – Glory


Final Prayer:

God, our Father, through the intercession of Saint Mariam, and through my trust in Your Divine Son, I present to you all my concerns.  I do not know whether what I have asked is according to Your Holy Will, my Heavenly Father.  So with Jesus in the garden of Gethsemani I say:
“Thy will be done, not mine”
Be close to me through Your Beloved Son Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment