Thursday, August 18, 2022

St. Mary of Jesus Crucified Novena: Day 2



Second Day: Jesus Christ

Opening prayer:
Holy Spirit, inspire me;
Love of God, consume me;
On the true path, lead me;
Mary my mother, look upon me;
With Jesus, bless me;
From all evil, from all illusion,
from all danger, preserve me.


Thoughts of Mariam:

I saw our Lord Jesus poor, sad, suffering, and searching for lodging, and He said to me: “I’m searching for a lodging, a home, and nobody wants to receive me.  As soon as I present Myself, they send me away.  Even you sometimes drive Me out from your heart… Oh if only I could find someone who would but work solely for My Glory, I would do everything for him!” (“Thoughts”, p. 27)


We pray with Mariam:

Forgive me my God! You alone, You alone!… Jesus is not known.  Jesus is not loved!  The white Bread is being rejected in favor of the black bread*.  It's deplorable, it's saddening to be eating the black bread.

How can we cling to His works and not to Himself?  You alone, You alone, My God! (“Thoughts”, p. 32-33)

Saint Miriam, please pray for me and for all my intentions.

(Mention your requests in silence)

Our Father – Hail Mary – Glory


Final Prayer:

God, our Father, through the intercession of Saint Mariam, and through my trust in Your Divine Son, I present to you all my concerns.  I do not know whether what I have asked is according to Your Holy Will, my Heavenly Father.  So with Jesus in the garden of Gethsemani I say: “Thy will be done, not mine”

Be close to me through Your Beloved Son Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.

Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment