Thursday, February 10, 2022

My Simple Daybook vol. I

Hello dears!  I have decided to try and keep a daybook on here, even if only once in a while.  Sometimes I think of little things throughout my day that I would like to share with y'all here but they're usually small and random.  A daybook seemed like a very good option to catalog these happenings and inspirations.  I found this outline on a very sweet-looking blog, the simple woman.  I think this is going to be delightful!  

For Today  2.9.22




Looking out my window...

The sun is shining, a bird is chirping in the big old pine tree out front, and it feels a bit like spring.  Of course, this is just a warm desert winter day.



I am thinking...

...Of my friends in Texas.  My sister just bought herself some cowgirl boots which made me think of my borrowed boots in Texas.  One of my little friends there also messaged me today which was a sweet surprise!  Now I'm looking for a nice pair of used boots for myself online! πŸ˜„

I am thankful...

... For peace of soul and sunshine in spirit.  When you have had a dreary winter of the heart, you forget how wonderful it is to be contented and joyful in your day-to-day life.  I am most thankful for God's grace and healing that has brought some simple peace into my spirit.

One of my favorite things...

KNITTING!!!



I am creating...

...A birthday gift for my best friend.  I'll share more about that later...


I am wearing...

...My new favorite sweater from Ross that is blush with the cutest little bobbles and puffed sleeves, a black and white striped top from DownEast, a thrifted jean skirt, and the comfiest leggings I've EVER had.😍  Thank you for those, Granny!  Oh!  Don't forget my combat boots which my dad found for me at Ross!  He has such great taste!



I am reading...

..."These Women Walked With God" by Rev. M Raymond, O.C.S.O. which I borrowed from our parish lending library.  I just started it but the forward was already so inspiring and I am hooked!



 I am watching...

...All Creatures Great and Small Season 2!  My whole family loves this show.  We haven't been able to watch many shows as they premiere in real-time so this is a wonderful treat to sit down and watch a brand new episode each week.  This show is just so wholesome and beautiful and we can't get enough of it!!



 I am listening to...

...Classical music on YouTube.  Our family likes to put videos like this on when we're cooking or doing the dishes.


I am hoping...

...To find a job.  I almost had an interview, but I decided that job wouldn't be the right fit for me.  I'll keep looking!


I am learning...

...To knit.  I've got the basics down but knitting is always a learning journey.  I don't know exactly what I'll be learning next but I'm so excited for the possibilities! 


In my kitchen...

I made banana bread!!  It is the yummiest recepie! (Find the recipe here!)



Board room...

Isn't this painting just lovely?!



View my new Catholic Pinterest board, here!


Post Script...

This is the section in which you can pass along a favorite link!  Today I'd like to share with you my sister's brand new Etsy shop, Le Papillon Art Studio!  Please visit her storefront and peruse her beautiful artwork for yourself!  She paints these by hand and is so talented.




Shared Quote...

"Celebrate the feast of Christmas every day, even every moment in the interior temple of your spirit, remaining like a baby in the bosom of the heavenly Father, where you will be reborn each moment in the Divine Word, Jesus Christ."

-St. Paul of the Cross



A moment from my day...

Well, this is technically a moment from my sister's day but it was my dinner too. πŸ˜„  She made a yummy creamy chicken pasta dish from an Instagram reel video.



Closing Notes

Thank you so much for following along with my day!  😁  This was fun post to do although I don't know how one is supposed to write and share this kind of post all in the same day.  Did you like this daybook format?  If so, please let me know in a comment below!  I definitely want to hear what kind of posts you would like to see here!  I pray you have a wonderful day, friend!


In cordibus Jesu et Mariae,

Sarah

4 comments:

  1. This looks so awesome! That outfit looks positively adorable😁😁😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never really heard of a "Daybook", though I do keep a journal, if that counts! I like posts like this a lot. I always enjoy a bit of a glimpse into the daily lives of those I follow :) I love your outfit, btw!! I am excited for it to warm up a bit, I always feel more fashionable in the spring/summer (not that I'm ever really fashionable, haha) when I've been wearing a giant coat every day.

    I may have to check out All Creatures Great and Small! My husband and I tend to still watch too much "normal" tv - not the worst stuff or anything, but not necessarily "wholesome". I'd like to get into the habit of finding more stuff for the whole fam :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! hehe, yes, spring/summer fashion is so much fun. I live in a desert climate so our winter is very mild and could hardly be called winter compared to yours. XD

      Yes, it is such a lovely series. We're just finishing up season 2 and it was just as delightful as season 1!! I hope you enjoy it!!

      Delete