Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Happy Thanksgiving (Week)!

 

Hello dear friends!  That blessed time of year has arrived once more!  This season I've already been feeling quite thankful ahead of the holiday and I'm grateful for that in itself!  😄

Last year was a Thanksgiving filled with both joy and sorrow and I was grateful for the growth I had experienced but this year there is even more to be thankful for.  

I've made new friends and strengthened friendships with old ones.  I've grown in devotion and grace; thanks be to God!  I've been blessed to celebrate life and death having before my eyes the constant reminder that life is short and full of sorrows but also blessings and that the life to come is a great source of hope.  I've learned to unite my sufferings to Christ's and His have given me incredible strength and comfort this year.  I've improved my own skills and grown in courage learning to take new opportunities and face hard situations.  For all of these blessings and graces, I'm so grateful to God!

Of course, I'm also thankful for the little things too.  My family, friends, church, Catechism class after Mass, good books, Eucharistic Adoration, knitting, yarn, good food (especially Chick-fil-A 😜), fun times, hiking, dancing, tea, and the opportunity to teach again are just some of the little blessings I can think of off the top of my head.  

This last Sunday, our Catholic young adult group had Eucharistic Adoration and then a Friendsgiving potluck afterward.  It was simple and there was a fun variety of food but I was most grateful to be able to sit around a table with wonderful new and old friends.  Many of these people have had an impact on my life, whether great or small, and I'm especially thankful for them.  The real reason I mention this event, however, is that it really started the Thanksgiving week off right and I felt so excited to be wishing these friends a Happy Thanksgiving as we all made ready to leave.  The same happened on Monday night when some of us met up to play kickball at the park with dear friends visiting from out of town.  When taking our leave of one another outside of In'N'Out Burger, we wished each other a Happy Thanksgiving heartily and I was so happy.  

So don't forget to be thankful in the days leading up to Thanksgiving and also those after.  It's so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the holidays that can be filled with stress and anxiety.  Remember to take a step back, think of Our Lord, and be Thankful for even the smallest blessings in your life.  He desires your thanks every single day.  It makes His heart so very happy.  


Wishing you and yours every blessing this Thanksgiving season,

In the hearts of Jesus and Mary,

Sarah



No comments:

Post a Comment